Friday, November 23, 2007

Home for the Holidays

There is something very artistic about carving a turkey and trying to get the slice of meat as large as you can without it falling apart. You have to be really gentle as your left hand balances the slice of meat on a fork and the right hand cuts it from the rest of the turkey; then ever so carefully, placing it on the serving plate. It was beautiful. What is not so romantic is pulling the stuffing from the turkey’s…

Thanksgiving has to be one of my favorite holidays. Lets just get together and eat…and count our many blessings. It was the first time in about five or six years that I have been home for Thanksgiving. I have been so far from home in previous years that flying home for such a short time didn’t seem worth it. What was I thinking?

This year I shared with my family a few emails from the daughter of the man that was killed in a car accident I was involved in on Thanksgiving Day in 1992. Every Thanksgiving I think about the accident. It is a long story, so I won’t go into detail, but essentially what was an extremely traumatic experience in my life, 15 years later serves as another testimony of the reality of the gospel and the atonement. I am thankful for forgiveness.

One thing I look forward to every time I come home is playing board games with the family. Last night we were up until Midnight playing Settlers and Ticket to Ride. Tonight looks like no exception. Got to go beat up on them.

No comments: