Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thrust in your sickle

I love to share the gospel! I just got home from a dinner with one of the oral surgeons in town. We got together so she could show me the protocol for referrals to her office. I met her about a year ago and was instantly impressed with her. She just seemed to be on top of things.

Over dinner, some how the question was asked what church I was going to. I told her I was LDS and her face lit up. She has had (and currently has) several good friends that are LDS and has had multiple conversations with them about the church. She subscribes to the Ensign and New Era for her kids...Even though she is Jewish. She and her husband decided to have family night so on Friday they get together and are now even starting to have lessons with their two kids.

We talked about all the historical similarities between the Jewish faith and the LDS faith. We talked for hours and barely got through with any of the other dental stuff we were intending to talk about. I asked her is she had ever attended a meeting and she said she had not, but that she thought it would be a good idea.

Then she suggested that I come over for dinner with she and her husband and we could read a talk out of the General Conference edition of the Ensign and then discuss it. How cool is that? I told her she was going to be a good Mormon some day. Even a leader in the Mormon church. She expressed a concern about not fitting into the expectations that are placed on a typical Mormon woman . We talked a little about it and I shared with her Sherri Dew's story. The poster child for a non-traditional Mormon woman. When I got home I emailed her a talk that Sister Dew wrote as well as a talk by President Hinckley about the power of righteous women.

I get such a high when I'm able to talk to intelligent people about the church and they are open to what I'm saying. And I'm grateful for good people that live their religion so that when opportunities come, they've already had positive experiences with members of the church.

No comments: