Friday, November 2, 2007

Gold Nuggets of Denver

I love Denver. We’ve got everything anyone would ever want. I went to a Denver Nuggets game on Halloween night and was reminded of all the cool things one can do in Denver. We’ve got every major sporting event, a performing arts center that is top-notch, the sun shines 300+ days a year, the mountains are beautiful, a major airport that can get you anywhere non-stop, the church has a strong membership base, some of the best skiing in the country, and we have Walgreen’s on every corner...I could go on and on.

On Tuesday, I got an email from the guy that sold me my malpractice insurance offering tickets to the game. Sweet deal. Anyway, it was the first Nuggets game I’ve been to and it reminded me of when my dad and I would go to the Trailblazer games. Professional sports have turned into a complete entertainment industry and it was interesting seeing the change of focus from the game to the “experience.” Since it was Halloween, a lot of people dressed up, and gave me cool ideas for costumes next year (HaHa. See previous entry about Halloween)

I’m starting to complete the Denver sporting experience. I’ve been to several Rockies games (and they’ve given me a reason to cheer), an Avalanche hockey game (an up-and-coming force on the ice...maybe) and now a Nuggets basketball game (at the beginning of the game one of the players spoke into the microphone and promised an NBA title). I still need to go see the Broncos play football, the Rapids play soccer, and the Outlaws play Lacrosse to complete the circle. (Yes, Denver even has a professional Lacrosse team. What more can you ask for?)

I'm posting some photos of some of the costumes. (I still need to figure out how to do a slide show) I swear that is a real police officer with his real hair...And as you can see, even Allen Iverson dressed up as a gangster.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Don't forget the Starbucks every 10 feet too.

Broncos the 19th! Wahoo!