Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Open mouth, insert...

Our dental office is located very near a small airport where there is a parachute school. From our office we can watch the parachuters jump from the plane and dive. Our office has very large windows and it is very fun to watch them fall from the sky and then glide to earth. Often, they do tricks while falling.

Each morning during our morning huddle I share a joke with the staff. Yesterday I shared the following.

Four people are in an airplane, the pilot, the smartest man in the world, the richest man in the world, and a punk teenager. The airplane experiences some difficulties, and the pilot informs the three passengers that the plane is going to crash, and there are only three parachutes on the plane. The richest man in the world takes one, because he says that his lawyers will sue everyone else on the plane if he doesn't survive. The smartest man in the world takes a parachute, because he thinks that the world would be a worse place without him. The pilot says to the punk "There's only one parachute left, I'll fight you for it." "That won't be necessary," said the punk, "The smartest man in the world took my backpack."

I thought it was a funny joke. About half of the staff chuckled. The other half had a weird look on their face. Timing is everything and it pays to read the newspaper. The day before there was a man killed at the nearby airport because his chute didn’t open. Not so funny when good intentions go bad.

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh my word. Yeah, I guess timing is everything. Talk about awkward moment. At least you found out why the other half didn't laugh? I guess? I like the idea of a daily joke though.

Amy said...

Hey Andrew! I found your blog by way of Kim and Jared, by way of Autumn, by way of Vicki (David's Sister.) I found Kim and Jared's blog a few weeks ago, with a post about aprons. Apparently, Jared has no memory of an article he shared with me about a woman's place. I hoped maybe you would remember. So I totally love digital scrap booking,you were totally ahead of the curve on that one. I am glad I found your blog. Check mine out, you can see my digi pages. I am glad to hear you are well.

Amy said...

Hey Andrew! I found your blog by way of Kim and Jared, by way of Autumn, by way of Vicki (David's Sister.) I found Kim and Jared's blog a few weeks ago, with a post about aprons. Apparently, Jared has no memory of an article he shared with me about a woman's place. I hoped maybe you would remember. So I totally love digital scrap booking,you were totally ahead of the curve on that one. I am glad I found your blog. Check mine out, you can see my digi pages. I am glad to hear you are well.

whitneykelson@mac.com said...

I have loved reading your blogs. You are a wonderful writer. The red daisies are beautiful. What is the picture of at the beginning of your blog? I chuckled watching you fly down the line. I look forward to new entries. Love ya'

Barb said...

Where did Andrew go?