Sunday, December 9, 2007

Politics anyone?

Yesterday I officially entered into a political arena. I went to a caucus training meeting for Mitt Romney. Essentially I learned how we elect a republican nominee for president. I think I learned in one hour what my sixth grade social studies class should have taught me. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention in class. Anyway, mark February 5 on your calender and get out and vote.

Just for the record, when I first heard he was running for president, I was a bit skeptical. I don't want a Mormon president. I just didn't want people to get confused about what is church policy and what is national policy. I didn't want him to be a spokesman for the church. But a few months ago I went to his website and watched the video clips of him for several hours. I've been watching the debates since then and now I'm sold. He is the best man for the job. And I think his speech about the Faith in America was excellent. I would encourage you to check out his website too.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Politics, yes! We have become consumed watching and listening to so much, especially about Mitt. The last reason I'm for Mitt is because of his religion. What a silly reason to nomiate a president. His views are most in line with mine. And conveniently, I think his personal attributes and tendencies are very likable, a man of integrity, unfortunately, more an more uncommon.

I wish I could have gone to that training. It sounds fascinating!

Sara Richins said...

Hey, I saw on facebook you have a blog!
My husband and I went through similar feelings with the possibility of an LDS president, and we agree he is by far the most able person and would personify the kind of integrity that a president of this country needs. He understands the Constitution in a way that lawyers and judges today don't. We're telling all our friends to listen to what he has to say!