Sunday, December 23, 2007

iMovie

I’ve never been overweight in all my life, but tonight I felt like the PC guy on the new Apple Computer commercials. Check them out to see what I mean. I’ve been a devoted PC man for all my life. My sister Nicole just got an Apple Macbook for her birthday and brought it home with her. We have been playing with the computer all evening with the goal of creating a video to send to my other missionary sister Katie.

It took us only a few hours to create and edit a four minute movie complete with music, text, and transitions. Two rowdy nephews and some obnoxious siblings (we all are pretty obnoxious when we get together) make video footage come easy. The Macbook made the editing ridiculously simple.

So here I sit on my PC doing “real” work using my word processor to write this blog, while everyone else giggles and laughs while they finish our family Christmas DVD. Who needs to write your life story when you can share it with iMovie.

3 comments:

Barb said...

I hope this converts you to purchasing a Mac. :-)

Happynings said...

My PC days are numbered. Funds for fun.

Autumn said...

I didn't know Katie's on a mission! Hmm. Macs have recently caught my interest too, but we just bought a new PC, it will be a long while if we ever convert. Post the movie! Post the movie! Is it on youtube? What's the link?