Sunday, October 7, 2007

Waterski beauty

I decided to try this blogger thing out. A friend of mine has a blog that is kind of fun to read, so I thought I would give it a try. The goal is to help me publish (keep track of) the funny, the good, and the blessings in my life and share them with others.



Over the Labor Day weekend, I drove to Glennwood Springs, CO and went for a bike ride. Glennwood Springs is nestled in the Rocky Mountains about half way between Denver and Grand Junction...near Aspen. There is a bike trail along the freeway that has some spectacular views. I got up early Monday morning from my hotel and rode for a few hours. I caught this picture of the wild daisy (I think that is a wild daisy) in the forefront with the mountains and a branch of the Colorado River. The sun was spectacular. I think the picture really captures one of the reasons I moved to Colorado...the sun, the mountains, the clean air. Can you believe it? I actually stopped to smell the flowers.

I found a water skiing buddy...or beauddy. Rhonda is 50+ years old so no potential romance, but I have fallen in love with her boat. One of the hygienists I work with overheard me saying that water skiing was a passion of mine. She told me she had a friend that was big into water skiing and later introduced me to her. We have been water skiing the last few weekends which has been a great stress relief after a long week. I even bought a water ski off of eBay. Josh drove into town a few weeks ago and we went water skiing with her and had a great time. He brought his guitar and played for us around the campfire. I think she fell in love with him. If you read Josh's blog, I think he fell in love with her too.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!!

Nicole said...

Just found your blog! Didn't know it even existed! I'm jealous.
Don't let it bother you....but I found it extremely funny that you stopped to smell the "wild daisies." You might find humor in knowing they aren't daisies at all, but a weed here in Utah! However, I agree...they ARE beautiful! I think they belong in the sunflower family! I'm sure you just made an enormous positive impact on the self esteem of that wild daisy weed!